Wednesday 22 April 2015

New things

So I have tried to stay busy this spring and I have realized I am not as fast a knitter as I would like to be.
 
I have projects in my head that seem to be popping up faster than I can finish the ones I am working on.
As of late I have done more washcloth kitchen sets that included a hanging towel, dishcloth and a scrubby. I also got a huge ball of camo colored yarn to work on more hand towels and hanging towels for my brother as I learned over the Easter holidays he loved the ones I gave him before.
So I think those will be my bedside ongoing project that I tinker away at when I get tired of bigger projects I work on.




I also had made a lovely shawl for a friend that she had pinned a link on Pinterest and of course it was a crochet pattern, So I did my best to try and replicate a knit pattern and came up with this beauty. I truly love it and probably will make a few more.



 





The construction was quite simple but for
 
some reason the PSSO patterns really
 
 slowed me up and it took longer than I
 
 thought.
 







I also might do a shorter version for us height
 
 challenged individuals.
 
 I felt it was a bit too big on my frame but looked
 
better on a taller person :)








The body of the shawl follows the is lovely lace pattern http://purlavenue.com/2014/02/rustic-ribbed-mesh-scarf.html
 
and for the construction I followed
 
Can also see my Ravelry post for all links




2 comments: