Thursday 19 February 2015

Dishcloth Knit Swap

So I have been quietly a part of a Knit swap Group of Facebook but enjoying seeing everyone share around their compilations for scarves. Lately there was a suggestion to participate in a Dishcloth Knit Swap, For how ever many dishcloths you send out you will receive make. Pattern and color is your choice with the only exception for it to be a minimum of 7in square. So away I went. I have many colors of  Bernat Handicrafter Cotton blend yarn to picks for but wanted to use up my multi colored stuff first.

The patterns I chose to do were simply based on casting on roughly 36 stitches so that I had a 7 inch square but not much larger. My preferences is to not have a huge cloth at the end.























I started out with http://handmaidensheart.blogspot.ca/2010/03/scrubby-nubby-dishcloth.html as my first one. I decreased the cast on stitches to 36, using a US size 6 needle and I used a bright green Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. ( I lost the label so the exact name I don't know)
 

 


The third dish cloth pattern I used is http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fabric-stitch-dishcloth




 
And the last one I did (which is my favorite)
 
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment